The Pentair Pentek RO-2550 Reverse Osmosis (RO) Drinking Water System reduces lead, chlorine taste & odor, dissolved minerals & salts, copper, hexavalent & trivalent chromium, barium, radium 226/228, selenium, and cysts such as Cryptosporidium and Giardia by mechanical means.
The carbon/sediment pre-filter reduces the particles and chlorine taste and odor to prolong life of RO membrane. The RO membrane separates water molecules from dissolved salts and minerals. Up to 96% of these total dissolved solids (TDS) are rejected and sent down the drain. The RO filtered water is sent to the storage tank until you need it. When you turn on the drinking water faucet, the filtered water from the storage tank is sent through a carbon polishing filter which provides final taste and odor filtration before the water reaches your glass. Cleaner, fresher water whenever you want it!
Features & Benefits
- Includes 50 gallon per day reverse osmosis element
- Installed under the sink
- Water on demand delivered from a 2.8 gallon storage tank
- Automatic shut-off valve helps conserve water
- Reduces salts, dissolved minerals, bad taste and odor
- Designed for chlorinated and non-chlorinated water
- Reduces particles as small as 1/1000 of a micron in size by mechanical means
- NSF/ANSI Standard 58 certified to reduce cysts such as Cryptosporidium and Giardia by mechanical means